Since 1998, Century House Montessori School has provided an exceptional Montessori learning environment for children 18 months to 12 years of age.
CHMS BVI is dedicated to providing an enriching and challenging educational environment where each child is encouraged to grow to his or her fullest potential academically, emotionally and socially.
Through the dynamic partnership of child, parent and teacher, a consistent Montessori framework for learning is developed, offering “Quality Education for life.”
Our students learn to view themselves as contributing members of a diverse global community. We respect and value differences, and look with an open mind at all members of the community, seeking to understand and value them for who they are. The education which the child receives is nurtured in a superior academic environment and takes place in a community which fosters self–esteem, independence and respect for fellow individuals, self-discipline, co-operation, and love of learning. The faculty, staff, children and parents communicate clearly and openly and treat each other with honesty and mutual respect.
The Montessori approach is designed to assist the child in acquiring the social skills and self-confidence which are needed to fulfill his or her own potential.
This is accomplished through building on interests, nurturing enthusiasm, and making activities available to fit individual needs.
TEACH ME TO DO IT MYSELF
Though much has been said about the academic achievements of Montessori children, the value lies in the self-discipline, self-mastery, and love of learning that children achieve.
BETTER LEARNING THROUGH SELF-EMPOWERMENT
Because interest in learning is stimulated and learning materials are readily available whenever the child is ready, most children begin to read and calculate at an early age.
MONTESSORI AT A GLANCE
- The child’s natural development of language is utilized in the process of learning to read.
- Habits and skills developed in a Montessori classroom remain for lifetime.
- The Montessori classroom is a land of opportunity for the child and he considers it a truly joyful place to be.
- The Montessori Method has been time-tested for close to 100 years and has achieved success throughout the world.
- Montessori is a totally positive environment for children.
- Each child is taught individually.
- Children work at their own pace and at their own level.